Thursday, July 7, 2011

papa zuzu's - mt. pleasant, sc



If you are interested in fresh Greek and Mediterranean food, then Papa Zuzu's is your spot. Located off of Coleman Boulevard in an unassuming shopping center, Zuzu's offers a great selection of healthy, yet delicious choices.


I chose a Half Sized Grilled Chicken Gyro and shared a yummy Greek Salad with my hubby. The Gyro was full of flavor and was not dry at all, which was my previous experience with gyros at other places. It was filled with a generous portion of grilled chicken strips, tomato, and tzatziki sauce served on pita bread.

The small Greek Salad was unusual since it was not prepared with lettuce. Beautiful chunks of cucumber were the base of the salad followed by tomato, onion, a delicious dressing and a wedge of feta. The best part - I was sharing with my husband and she split the portion for us.

He had the Chicken Pita which looked delicious and it appeared to have more tzatziki sauce.



Then for desert, my husband had their Greek yogurt topped with honey, strawberries and blueberries. He enjoyed the healthy option as a conclusion to our dinner.

Something else noteworthy - they serve Nantucket Nectars - a delicous juice line that started in Nantucket, which also was the spot were we honeymooned almost eight years ago.

I would definitely recommend Zuzu's to anyone looking for a great lunch or dinner. The service was friendly and the food was yummy! We will definitely be back.

Papa Zuzu's on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! Thank you for following me from SSS. I am following you back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look very yummy! I'm following you.
    http://kidsanddeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We recieved your blog claim on Urbanspoon. However, since your Urbanspoon account comes from Facebook, we don't have an email address for you yet. Could you please email me at ken at urbanspoon dot com to complete your blog claim? Please include the name of your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems delicious!!

    Visit my blog, I'm always happy to know new friends with my same passions!!!

    http://orangegworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete